Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Daniel Thompson

Default Aswell as buying it I would actually quite like to learn to sail it!!!!!!!!

Is this insane?

I have some experience in dinghy sailing and do indeed have a
qualification - whoopee - in this area.

I have spent a lot of my youth on yachts - generally my Grandad's 32 foot
Westerly - but have not, until now, taken as much interest as my brother,
and do not have a proverbial 'scoobie' when it comes to maps and charts.

I do however have £25000 and a moderate and mobile income.

I will not be single for the rest of my life.

I will not have zero commitment for a two year period at any other time in
my life.

I do not want to waste a year cow-towing to some jumped up lilttle Hitler
and his crew of merry - force you to do the bad jobs - men.

This is why I want my own yacht and why I want it now.

Do you think it is realistic to expect to find a personally compatible
Yachtmaster with a high degree of experience who would be prepared to spend
six months teaching me to sail my boat.

The destinations on this escapade could be decided by means of a vote - I
would have the final decision of course - Hitler in effect perhaps!

Daniel.

---