Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bobsprit

Default Spinnaker question

Last night we flew the spinnaker on Alien without a pole, using a
spinnaker-guy, which is much like the Tacker. This setup is for a beam reach
and not quite right for running dead downwind.
My question is on mainsail trim. Sailing with the mainsail trimmed "ideally"
seems to block the spinnaker to some degree. I've been told that overtrimming
the main a bit is best, but I see pics that dispute this.
Anyone have experience/ideas for this setup?
Obviously, rigging the pole is best, but it can be a drag when Suzanne and I
sail alone.

Thanks,

RB