XR750

Default NZ flatulence tax outrages farmers

"Oz1" wrote in message

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 17:58:13 -0500, "XR750"
wrote:

Ahh yes, Ignore it and it will go away.

It will anyway.

You have proof of this right?
Or are you basing your assumption of the geological history, you know,
the one that was laid down before man had any influence?

Sure I have proof. The Earth will enter another ice age sometime in the
future. It did so even after the volcanic period during the cooling of the
crust, and that provided infinitely more "greenhouse gasses" than the human
race will during its entire lifespan on the planet. Of course you and I
won't be around to appreciate the next ice age.

Question: Can you provide some proof--any proof--that the
phenomenon exists? Let me help you: no, you can't, because none exists.
Computer models--which can and often are seriously flawed--are the only
"evidence" that the purported problem exists.

Uh huh, no doubt.
Problem is those models show a bleak future and do take the human
into account.

Problem is those models are no evidence of anything; only haphazard
predictions, often politically motivated. Sure, I'll grant that it's
difficult, or impossible, to accumulate emperical or experimental evidence
to support global warming. But no doubt you recall the wonderful computer
models that predicted the "nuclear winter" phenomenon, only to be refuted
later by other computer models. When will the next generation of models
refute the global warming/greenhouse gas theory?

Guess what, if you are wrong there is no second chance,
Time to err on the side of caution?

Of course. I'm strongly in favor of limiting so-called "greenhouse

gasses,"
but for a variety of other reasons.

Huh, why worry about greenhouse gasses, they'll all go away if you
ignore them right?

That's not what I said. Re-read my post.

Global warming? I'm all for it,
dammit. It's way too cold here most of the year. g

Guess what--if I AM wrong, it won't make much difference in the long-term
scale. The Earth will ultimately survive the infestation by humans.

Yeah, either that or simply overheat, lose all its water and become
another Mars.

LOL. Is this your prediction? Even the most far-fetched evidence I've seen
so far of this supposed phenomenon doesn't predict such an apocalyptic
finale.

And
another ice age is on the way.

Sooner the better? Wipe out a few zillion humans and see what
eventuates. BTW by that time there will be no oil left for heating or
elect so it could be a cold winter.

Ah, the dreaded global cooling phenomenon. LOL.

May surprise you to know I'm an ardent environmentalist, Ozzy. But I'm not
one to get excited about pop science and such assorted and sundry bull****.
Fact is, the Earth has survived cataclysmic phenomena for eons, and it's
still here, green and blue as ever. It will survive the minor impact by
human idiots as well. What DOES concern me is the quality of the
environment. I don't wish to breath **** (read: any form of pollution,
toxic waste, or trash), walk in it, or consume it. I don't want my
grandchild to have to do so either. I'd prefer he be able to enjoy the same
fertile, verdant planet I've enjoyed throughout my life. The solutions are
readily available, but for a huge variety of reasons, they seem to be
universally ignored by most governments, especially those of the Third
World. Sad, but one can persevere in trying to clean things up, preserve
natural resources and wilderness areas, and protect what little beauty we
have left. That can be a full-time job, leaving little time to squander on
such theoretical crap as global warming.

XR