Bobsprit

Default It is so easy to see.

Living aboard a sailboat requires no additional skills than living aboard a
house or condo, tent, or camper, or anything else.

It requires one additional skill.
Balance.

RB
Jonathan Ganz

I disagree. Neal probably has to work really hard at living
on his Coronado. Think of all the compromises he's got to
make. Also, think of how few places will let him stay for
any length of time, given the way he pollutes.

"katysails" wrote in message
Not one of them lives aboard his vessel

Living aboard a sailboat requires no additional skills than living aboard

a house or condo, tent, or camper, or anything else.
Each has a place to sleep, a place to eat, a place to potty (hoipefully).

If you prefer cedar buckets, you can have one at any
of those places. Ambience does not a sailor make. Sailing is the skill,;

not living aboard. We all know you know how to live
(in a limited sort of way). What we ask if: How are you going to prove

you really know how to sail?

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Jonathan Ganz

Anything is possible. Obviously Bob is not denying his
"weight" problem.

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
Either that or he's been afflicted with Turret's Syndrome....

CM

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
| By the Gods.... you are showing a marked improvement in wit!
|
| Maybe a kid with down syndrome broke in and took over his keyboard?
|
| RB

Simple Simon

Living aboard one's vessel is the ONLY way to get to know her
as well as you should if you are going to do any sailing in other
than sheltered waters. Living aboard indicates a commitment
to the sailing life - not just sailing as a temporary diversion from
a pathetic shore life.

Your argument is unfortunate because using the same logic I could
just as well say you can be a successful married couple without being
married and without living together. Your logic, like that of most women,
is seriously flawed.

"katysails" wrote in message ...
Not one of them lives aboard his vessel

Living aboard a sailboat requires no additional skills than living aboard a house or condo, tent, or camper, or anything else.
Each has a place to sleep, a place to eat, a place to potty (hoipefully). If you prefer cedar buckets, you can have one at

any
of those places. Ambience does not a sailor make. Sailing is the skill,; not living aboard. We all know you know how to

live
(in a limited sort of way). What we ask if: How are you going to prove you really know how to sail?

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
Ad eundum quo nemo ante iit.
http://katysails.tripod.com

Scott Vernon

You just realized that now ???????

"Simple Simon" wrote in message
It's so easy to see how jealousy brings out the worst in
some people.

demanding for years. It is clear that Booby is a self-centered
little crybaby who thinks the world revolves around his
somewhat rotund person. It is a sad state of affairs.

Booby's main emotion is that of jealousy. His secondary
emotion is that of trying to attain a little of the glory because
he thinks everyone is as jealous as he is and if he gets a
boat, car, stereo that he thinks is impressive then people
will be jealous of him. He lives to make people jealous but
he fails miserably because he has not a single original bone
in his corpulent body. He doesn't seem to realize that nobody
gets jealous of a copycat - especially a copycat who does a
poor job in the copying.

Capt. Mooron

wrote in message

| Liveaboards tend to sail less. Their boats get taken over by everyday
| life. Putting everything away, or even having space to put things away
| in order to go sailing becomes an obstacle.

What a load of complete crap! I lived aboard for 10 years and could set sail
within 2 minutes at any time. I've seen and been aboard a lot of "live
aboard" vessels in my life.... some do keep their boats like a disorganized
pig sty... a lot are maintained ship shape. To utilize a fraction of the
sailors that live aboard and keep their vessels in disorder and don't sail
much to make such a sweeping condemnation is about as retarded as you can
get. Where do you get this viewpoint on live aboards... form the dock side
sailing experts that go out to race once or twice a week?

CM

Vito

"Capt. Mooron" wrote:

wrote in message

| Liveaboards tend to sail less. ...

What a load of complete crap! ....

I've seen something supporting Binary Bill's statement but it is a
generality, not applying to everybody. So, how about somebody running a
poll of the NG. Who lives or don't live aboard and how many hours per
(day/week/month/year) do you actually sail?
The Carrolls

An astute observation Bob. Perhaps those of us who live abord know less the
abilities of their craft, as they may be inhibited by the fear they may
damage their homes.
wrote in message
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 17:47:15 -0400, "katysails"
wrote:

Not one of them lives aboard his vessel

Living aboard a sailboat requires no additional skills than living aboard

a house or condo, tent, or camper, or anything else.
Each has a place to sleep, a place to eat, a place to potty (hoipefully).

If you prefer cedar buckets, you can have one at any
of those places. Ambience does not a sailor make. Sailing is the

skill,; not living aboard. We all know you know how to live
(in a limited sort of way). What we ask if: How are you going to prove

you really know how to sail?

Liveaboards tend to sail less. Their boats get taken over by everyday
life. Putting everything away, or even having space to put things away
in order to go sailing becomes an obstacle.

BB

Simple Simon

Ha ha haa hah hah hah hahah! Now, that's funny - he says after coming
back from sailing for three or four days and reading so much useless crap
from the lubbers of the group and especially from the Carrolls who don't
sail at all.