Capt. Mooron

Default Reusable Salt Water Battery

Got plans, specs or diagrams? I like to have a look and maybe build one to
test it.

CM

"Ligniere" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
| The MHD can be towed.

Donal

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
Got plans, specs or diagrams? I like to have a look and maybe build one

test it.

CM

"Ligniere" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
| The MHD can be towed.

Don't get your hopes up. Gilligan's *brilliant* ideas are usually the
result of misunderstood scientific reports.

Regards

Donal

Capt. Mooron

Careful dude..... my little buddy has the transponder frequency for your
EPRIB.... tick him off and it's spotlights at 0300hrs while you're sawing
off a piece with the ole' lady!!!

Ever read the sign..""QUIET GENIUS AT WORK!!" ?????

CM

"Donal" wrote in message

| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
| Got plans, specs or diagrams? I like to have a look and maybe build one
| test it.
|
| CM
|
| "Ligniere" wrote in message
| rthlink.net...
| | The MHD can be towed.
|
| Don't get your hopes up. Gilligan's *brilliant* ideas are usually the
| result of misunderstood scientific reports.
|

| Regards
|

| Donal

Donal

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
Careful dude..... my little buddy has the transponder frequency for your
EPRIB....

Pah! I don't have an EPIRB. They are for wimps.

If I die at sea, then I will have died doing what I enjoy. I can only think
of *one* better way to go..... and I don't use an EPIRB when I'm having sex.
Do you?

Regards

Donal

Peter Wiley

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message ...
Yeah... but then I'd be an American... and I'm not prepared to sink that
low!

Not necessary. We have heaps of sunlight out here.

BTW, I'm interested in this toy as well, and I have a very good shop.
We've been looking professionally at fuel cells for use on Heard
Island and other subantarctic islands. The technology is OK but the
output is still too low for the dollars involved, generally. Another
year or 2, the way it's going....

PDW

Capt. Mooron

"Donal" wrote in message

|..... and I don't use an EPIRB when I'm having sex.
| Do you?

Not personally.... but I've heard tell some ladies like to have it nearby
for when the "ship goes down"...

I imgaine that's a big concern in Jolly Ole......

CM

Ligniere

Picture example of magnetohydrodynamic drive:

http://www.physics.brocku.ca/faculty...ges/f21019.jpg

Good paper on magnetohydrodynamic generator:

navier.stanford.edu/PIG/C4_S9.pdf

Note that Faraday (in 1831) pulled power from the Thames River via
magnetohydrodynamic generator principles. It has low conductivity and the
earth's field was used as the magnet so the output power wasn't high.

Here's another paper with experimental results:

adidacfellowship.org/Gary/MHD.pdf

The experimentor did not overcome the electrode-electrolyte interface
problems, nor the problems of ions in a moving fluid (ions don't move fast,
about the speed of the water so most are swept downstream).

If you use proper electrode design (make them have large surface area and
arrange the immersed potential polarity to add to the induced potential) and
use large magnets (like from a discarded microwave oven) you can get it to
work well enough to recharge batteries for a small size generator. You can
test it with a prototype made from a garden hose, salt water, sewing pins
for electrodes and an old magnetron magnet (from a microwave oven).

The principles are also using in Hall effect clamp on arterial blood flow
meters. The moving blood generates a voltage across the artery when a
magnetic field is applied.

I'll let Donal explain how to optimize the design and what other problems to
anticipate.

"Donal" wrote in message

| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
| Got plans, specs or diagrams? I like to have a look and maybe build

one
| test it.
|
| CM
|
| "Ligniere" wrote in message
| rthlink.net...
| | The MHD can be towed.
|
| Don't get your hopes up. Gilligan's *brilliant* ideas are usually the
| result of misunderstood scientific reports.
|

| Regards
|

| Donal

Ligniere

One last reference of interest:

http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/~agusta/review/motion.html

"Donal" wrote in message

| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
| Got plans, specs or diagrams? I like to have a look and maybe build

one
| test it.
|
| CM
|
| "Ligniere" wrote in message
| rthlink.net...
| | The MHD can be towed.
|
| Don't get your hopes up. Gilligan's *brilliant* ideas are usually the
| result of misunderstood scientific reports.
|

| Regards
|

| Donal

Capt. Mooron

Will do Peter..... I'm currently assembling moorings for my boats and
completing designs and paperwork for my friend's marina. I'm dealing with 3
levels of government and tons of applications requiring site plans and
permits. It's a nightmare but I will have the contacts and required
experience after it's done to take on contracts later on. Time well spent so
far as there are a lot of folks buying houses out this way and they are
running into problems trying to establish wharves, docks and moorings.

CM

om...