Ligniere

Default Reusable Salt Water Battery

Here it is, just add salt water and you get 12 VDC! When it runs down,
simply rinse with fresh water, refill and away you go!

http://dragonet.com/fhp/

Betcha Bobsprit doesn't have one or even know they exist! Three batteries, a
top of the line battery charger, emergency backup, stereo, tv,
hahahahaaaaa!!!!!!!

Simple Simon

EviroGen 12V
Voltage (no load) approx. 12+V
Voltage @ 4 Watts approx. 10 V
Amperage approx. 400mA

or
Voltage @ 8 Watts approx. 8 V
Amperage approx 850mA

Power (per single set anodes) approx. 40+ Ah

/body
/html

Not much power output there. It's good enough to maybe
run a teensy-weeny transistor radio or some such.

"Ligniere" wrote in message thlink.net...
Here it is, just add salt water and you get 12 VDC! When it runs down,
simply rinse with fresh water, refill and away you go!

http://dragonet.com/fhp/

Betcha Bobsprit doesn't have one or even know they exist! Three batteries, a
top of the line battery charger, emergency backup, stereo, tv,
hahahahaaaaa!!!!!!!

Capt. Mooron

That would be an excellent method of running an anchor light. I doubt I
would trust it to a bilge pump though.
40 amp/hrs. I wonder how long the anodes last?

CM

"Ligniere" wrote in message
thlink.net...
| Here it is, just add salt water and you get 12 VDC! When it runs down,
| simply rinse with fresh water, refill and away you go!
|
| http://dragonet.com/fhp/
|
| Betcha Bobsprit doesn't have one or even know they exist! Three batteries,
| top of the line battery charger, emergency backup, stereo, tv,
| hahahahaaaaa!!!!!!!

Bobsprit

Here it is, just add salt water and you get 12 VDC! When it runs down,
simply rinse with fresh water, refill and away you go!

Interesting that there are no output specs.

RB
Capt. Mooron

I've got all of those parts and a metal lathe/ machine shop..... where can
I get the plans?

CM

"Ligniere" wrote in message
thlink.net...
| It's obvious Bobsprit knows zilch about anything electrical, or just
| anything for that matter.
| Yes, indeed, Simon the output is a little low, but it's a small battery.
If
| one were to make one in a 50 quart plastic cooler, the ouptut would be
| considerably more.
| In fact, if one were resourceful you could build this device from metal
shim
| stock, a cooler, some plastic and be in business.
| You could even make a battery from old zinc sacrificial electrodes and
scrap
| copper pipe tied in an alternating fashion on a line and lowered over the
| side of a yacht. You would need a wire to connect successive copper to
zinc
| piece and a wire at each end of the string. This would easily recharge a
| battery - 24 hours a day and cost next to nothing.
|

| "Simple Simon" wrote in message
| Interesting that you can't read or figure out how to
| view the source code to find the specs I posted.
|

| "Bobsprit" wrote in message
| Here it is, just add salt water and you get 12 VDC! When it runs down,
| simply rinse with fresh water, refill and away you go!
|
| Interesting that there are no output specs.
|
| RB

Capt. Mooron

Yeah... but then I'd be an American... and I'm not prepared to sink that
low!

CM

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
| if you lived in a part of the world where the sun shines more than 1/2
hour
| per day, solar cells would be a better choice.
| --
| Scott Vernon
| Plowville PA __/)__/)__
|
| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
| I've got all of those parts and a metal lathe/ machine shop..... where
| can
| I get the plans?
|
| CM
|
| "Ligniere" wrote in message
| thlink.net...
| | It's obvious Bobsprit knows zilch about anything electrical, or just
| | anything for that matter.
| | Yes, indeed, Simon the output is a little low, but it's a small
battery.
| If
| | one were to make one in a 50 quart plastic cooler, the ouptut would be
| | considerably more.
| | In fact, if one were resourceful you could build this device from
metal
| shim
| | stock, a cooler, some plastic and be in business.
| | You could even make a battery from old zinc sacrificial electrodes and
| scrap
| | copper pipe tied in an alternating fashion on a line and lowered over
| the
| | side of a yacht. You would need a wire to connect successive copper to
| zinc
| | piece and a wire at each end of the string. This would easily recharge
| | battery - 24 hours a day and cost next to nothing.
| |
| |
| | "Simple Simon" wrote in message
| | Interesting that you can't read or figure out how to
| | view the source code to find the specs I posted.
| |
| |
| | "Bobsprit" wrote in message
| | Here it is, just add salt water and you get 12 VDC! When it runs
| down,
| | simply rinse with fresh water, refill and away you go!
| |
| | Interesting that there are no output specs.
| |
| | RB
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |

Ligniere

Really?

I can send you plans to test for a battery.

If you are moored in strong currents you might want to try a
magnetohydrodynamic generator. It can be built with a pvc tube, common
magnets, two wires and some simple copper electrodes. The salt water current
flows through the tube which has magnets on the outside, which also has a
magnetic field on the inside. There is a voltage induced between opposing
walls of the tube, where you put the electrodes. There is minimal drag on
this device and no moving parts.

Do you have a shear and a brake? You could make a large battery. Are you
qualified to operate machinery?

"Ligniere" wrote in message
thlink.net...
| It's obvious Bobsprit knows zilch about anything electrical, or just
| anything for that matter.
| Yes, indeed, Simon the output is a little low, but it's a small battery.
If
| one were to make one in a 50 quart plastic cooler, the ouptut would be
| considerably more.
| In fact, if one were resourceful you could build this device from metal
shim
| stock, a cooler, some plastic and be in business.
| You could even make a battery from old zinc sacrificial electrodes and
scrap
| copper pipe tied in an alternating fashion on a line and lowered over

the
| side of a yacht. You would need a wire to connect successive copper to
zinc
| piece and a wire at each end of the string. This would easily recharge a
| battery - 24 hours a day and cost next to nothing.
|

| "Simple Simon" wrote in message
| Interesting that you can't read or figure out how to
| view the source code to find the specs I posted.
|

| "Bobsprit" wrote in message
| Here it is, just add salt water and you get 12 VDC! When it runs

down,
| simply rinse with fresh water, refill and away you go!
|
| Interesting that there are no output specs.
|
| RB

Capt. Mooron

No current..... my Father is a machinist and is instructing me. Metal Lathe
and some bending equipment as well as a heavy band saw type cutting tool for
metal up to an inch thick. I do have access to a plasma cutter at a friend's
shop. I'm just starting to learn the craft. I'm currently overhauling and
re-roofing the workshop and as soon as it's finished I plan to start on a
canon for my sailboat. I'm looking at stock now for milling on the lathe.

Can this type of generator be towed array deployed?

CM

"Ligniere" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
| Really?
|
| I can send you plans to test for a battery.
|
| If you are moored in strong currents you might want to try a
| magnetohydrodynamic generator. It can be built with a pvc tube, common
| magnets, two wires and some simple copper electrodes. The salt water
current
| flows through the tube which has magnets on the outside, which also has a
| magnetic field on the inside. There is a voltage induced between opposing
| walls of the tube, where you put the electrodes. There is minimal drag on
| this device and no moving parts.
|
| Do you have a shear and a brake? You could make a large battery. Are you
| qualified to operate machinery?
|
| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
| I've got all of those parts and a metal lathe/ machine shop..... where
| can
| I get the plans?
|
| CM
|
| "Ligniere" wrote in message
| thlink.net...
| | It's obvious Bobsprit knows zilch about anything electrical, or just
| | anything for that matter.
| | Yes, indeed, Simon the output is a little low, but it's a small
battery.
| If
| | one were to make one in a 50 quart plastic cooler, the ouptut would be
| | considerably more.
| | In fact, if one were resourceful you could build this device from
metal
| shim
| | stock, a cooler, some plastic and be in business.
| | You could even make a battery from old zinc sacrificial electrodes and
| scrap
| | copper pipe tied in an alternating fashion on a line and lowered over
| the
| | side of a yacht. You would need a wire to connect successive copper to
| zinc
| | piece and a wire at each end of the string. This would easily recharge
| | battery - 24 hours a day and cost next to nothing.
| |
| |
| | "Simple Simon" wrote in message
| | Interesting that you can't read or figure out how to
| | view the source code to find the specs I posted.
| |
| |
| | "Bobsprit" wrote in message
| | Here it is, just add salt water and you get 12 VDC! When it runs
| down,
| | simply rinse with fresh water, refill and away you go!
| |
| | Interesting that there are no output specs.
| |
| | RB
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |

Ligniere

The MHD can be towed.

You can buy cannons online.

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
No current..... my Father is a machinist and is instructing me. Metal

Lathe
and some bending equipment as well as a heavy band saw type cutting tool

for
metal up to an inch thick. I do have access to a plasma cutter at a

friend's
shop. I'm just starting to learn the craft. I'm currently overhauling and
re-roofing the workshop and as soon as it's finished I plan to start on a
canon for my sailboat. I'm looking at stock now for milling on the lathe.

Can this type of generator be towed array deployed?

CM

"Ligniere" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
| Really?
|
| I can send you plans to test for a battery.
|
| If you are moored in strong currents you might want to try a
| magnetohydrodynamic generator. It can be built with a pvc tube, common
| magnets, two wires and some simple copper electrodes. The salt water
current
| flows through the tube which has magnets on the outside, which also has

| magnetic field on the inside. There is a voltage induced between

opposing
| walls of the tube, where you put the electrodes. There is minimal drag

on
| this device and no moving parts.
|
| Do you have a shear and a brake? You could make a large battery. Are you
| qualified to operate machinery?
|
| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
| I've got all of those parts and a metal lathe/ machine shop.....

where
| can
| I get the plans?
|
| CM
|
| "Ligniere" wrote in message
| thlink.net...
| | It's obvious Bobsprit knows zilch about anything electrical, or just
| | anything for that matter.
| | Yes, indeed, Simon the output is a little low, but it's a small
battery.
| If
| | one were to make one in a 50 quart plastic cooler, the ouptut would

be
| | considerably more.
| | In fact, if one were resourceful you could build this device from
metal
| shim
| | stock, a cooler, some plastic and be in business.
| | You could even make a battery from old zinc sacrificial electrodes

and
| scrap
| | copper pipe tied in an alternating fashion on a line and lowered

over
| the
| | side of a yacht. You would need a wire to connect successive copper

| zinc
| | piece and a wire at each end of the string. This would easily

recharge
| | battery - 24 hours a day and cost next to nothing.
| |
| |
| | "Simple Simon" wrote in message
| | Interesting that you can't read or figure out how to
| | view the source code to find the specs I posted.
| |
| |
| | "Bobsprit" wrote in message
| | Here it is, just add salt water and you get 12 VDC! When it runs
| down,
| | simply rinse with fresh water, refill and away you go!
| |
| | Interesting that there are no output specs.
| |
| | RB
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |

Capt. Mooron

I sooner build my own thanks..... ya think a rifled barrel would increase
accuracy? ;-D

CM

"Ligniere" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
| The MHD can be towed.
|
| You can buy cannons online.
|

| "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
| No current..... my Father is a machinist and is instructing me. Metal
| Lathe
| and some bending equipment as well as a heavy band saw type cutting tool
| for
| metal up to an inch thick. I do have access to a plasma cutter at a
| friend's
| shop. I'm just starting to learn the craft. I'm currently overhauling
and
| re-roofing the workshop and as soon as it's finished I plan to start on
| canon for my sailboat. I'm looking at stock now for milling on the
lathe.

| Can this type of generator be towed array deployed?
|
| CM
|
| "Ligniere" wrote in message
| rthlink.net...
| | Really?
| |
| | I can send you plans to test for a battery.
| |
| | If you are moored in strong currents you might want to try a
| | magnetohydrodynamic generator. It can be built with a pvc tube, common
| | magnets, two wires and some simple copper electrodes. The salt water
| current
| | flows through the tube which has magnets on the outside, which also
has
| | magnetic field on the inside. There is a voltage induced between
| opposing
| | walls of the tube, where you put the electrodes. There is minimal drag
| on
| | this device and no moving parts.
| |
| | Do you have a shear and a brake? You could make a large battery. Are
you
| | qualified to operate machinery?
| |
| | "Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
| | I've got all of those parts and a metal lathe/ machine shop.....
| where
| | can
| | I get the plans?
| |
| | CM
| |
| | "Ligniere" wrote in message
| | thlink.net...
| | | It's obvious Bobsprit knows zilch about anything electrical, or
just
| | | anything for that matter.
| | | Yes, indeed, Simon the output is a little low, but it's a small
| battery.
| | If
| | | one were to make one in a 50 quart plastic cooler, the ouptut
would
| be
| | | considerably more.
| | | In fact, if one were resourceful you could build this device from
| metal
| | shim
| | | stock, a cooler, some plastic and be in business.
| | | You could even make a battery from old zinc sacrificial electrodes
| and
| | scrap
| | | copper pipe tied in an alternating fashion on a line and lowered
| over
| | the
| | | side of a yacht. You would need a wire to connect successive
copper
| | zinc
| | | piece and a wire at each end of the string. This would easily
| recharge
| | | battery - 24 hours a day and cost next to nothing.
| | |
| | |
| | | "Simple Simon" wrote in message
| | | Interesting that you can't read or figure out how to
| | | view the source code to find the specs I posted.
| | |
| | |
| | | "Bobsprit" wrote in message
| | | Here it is, just add salt water and you get 12 VDC! When it
runs
| | down,
| | | simply rinse with fresh water, refill and away you go!
| | |
| | | Interesting that there are no output specs.
| | |
| | | RB
| | |
| | |