Poco Loco Poco Loco is offline

Default To be a pilot with the Northern Virginia Radio Controlled Club

On Sat, 8 Mar 2014 04:50:31 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Saturday, March 8, 2014 7:20:33 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Friday, March 7, 2014 7:43:46 PM UTC-5, John H. wrote:

...one must first meet the Pilot Qualification Requirements. That should be a pretty easy task,

right? Think again:

http://www.1nvrc.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Pilot_Qualification_Requirements_2013.pdf

Check out the flight requirements on the bottom. The requirements to carry a concealed firearm

aren't nearly as tough!

To someone just starting out that seems like a lot, but once you get comfortable it's really not that bad. There's a steep learning curve early, then it gets easier.

Sounds like they are a busy, crowded club, and don't want any newbies slowing up the flight line.

Oh, and I should mention that even our little club has "requirements", but they are pretty simple. You come out and fly as a guest, and get at least three members to sign your application stating that they've seen you fly safely. You then get voted on at the next meeting. Once they get the signatures, I've never heard of anyone not getting the votes.

Where's this? Do you fly? What?