Harry Krause

Default 40-50-60 Merc 4 stroke stories?

Dan Krueger wrote:

What was the recall for?

Dan

Harry Krause wrote:
Gfretwell wrote:

I have a 60 and I am coming up on 500 hours with no big problems. It still
"makes oil" and I may have the "leaking crankshaft seal" problem. I see a few
drops of oil on the water occasionally when I put it in.
How are the rest of you guys doing?

Hey, I've got a Yamaha F225 and got a recall notice in the mail today.

It's to replace throttle linkage bushings. I got an advisory letter on
thie a few weeks ago, but this was a safety recall notice. Effects
"certain" 2002-2004 F225 and F200 engines. Some of these engines have
bushings that create "excessive drag" when returning the throttle to
idle after running at cruising speeds.

I haven't had this problem, but the recall is for ALL engines in the
named categories. I'll have it done when the dealer winterizes the
engine for me.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.