posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· is offline

Default Whole Earth Graphical Wind Map

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
This is very cool:

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/isobaric/1000hPa/orthographic=-58.13,38.75,801

You can move the map around the globe by dragging with your mouse.

As many of you know, winds flow counterclockwise around low pressure
systems in the northern hemisphere, and clockwise around high
pressure.

Simplistic description!

A counter-clockwise flow would indicate a circular flow which
is simply not the case. I have heard and I believe that winds flow
outward at around a 15 degree angle from the center of a high and
flow inward at about the same angle around a low.

--
Sir Gregory