William R. Watt

Default initial kayak impressions

thanks for the interesting comments. on the Usenet people tend to write
from a very personal perspective. I think people are expecting too much of
this paddler. New to kayaks but not to paddling or boatbuilding. Concieved
in a canoe. Born in a canoe, Suckled in a canoe. Weaned in a canoe. Cut my
teeth on a canoe gunwale. I did note my paddling is limited to day trips
on local water of which there is quite a variety. Someone wrote
"birdwatching". That would be close.

on the topic of lessons, there's been quite a heated debate in the local
Ottawa paddling newsgroup ott.rec.canoe-kayak. I'm on the "no lessons" side
of the discussion.

homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm