gatt

Default Boaters like this make jetskier look like saints

"Curtis CCR" wrote in message

As if that wasn't enough, rescuers met with resistance from other
boaters as they attempted to find the man in the water late Friday.

Sadly, this probably doesn't surprise any experienced boaters at all.

It's not the size of the boat, it's how drunk and belligerant and arrogant
the numbskulled skipper who drives it is.

I spent an hour on Friday on the Willamette in Portland helping a lady with
a 33" cruiser holding it away from being ground up against the dock while
her husband looked for a place to park. We were tied off on the inside,
they were on the outside and the big cruisers came by so fast and so close
that they'd toss a 2' wake up against the side of her, over the dock, etc.
One time it took three people to keep her boat from being smashed against
the dock because of some inconsiderate asshole who probably expects people
to maintain 5mph past his own slip.

-c