rhys

Default RADAR AERIAL MAST

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 23:48:02 -0300, none
wrote:

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 20:56:12 +0100, Peter Keating
wrote:

Why do you need a radar for an inland waterways boat anyway, I'm
surprised
nobody else has asked this fundamental queston.snip

rain, fog, darkness.
rick

Well, I sail in front of Toronto, where there is a pretty well
continuous loom of lights from 20 miles east of the city for 60 miles
west to Hamilton and beyond. Radar in conjunction with GPS helps a
great deal in conditions when the night pilotage is confusing due to
TOO MANY signals.

It's a helpful adjunct, particularly at night, but not restricted to
then. In addition, it can provide an early warning of approaching line
squalls, a great help during hot summer weather hereabouts.

R.