Bristan

Default Overheating Yamaha 60

"Graham Hope" wrote in message
I have the same engine next to the stat is a larg bolt if you remove this
(only for a second} water should pump out .if it doesnt it could be your

impeller

Thanks for that,
There is still a reasonable water stream coming out of the motor however
a few people have told me that it is probably the impeller.
As it apparently is not expected to last very long.
I have also been told by a local mechanic that it can be very difficult to
get at the impeller if it hasn't been checked regularly.
(everything is frozen on)
regards

"OldRedNeck" wrote in message
It's under a small dome shaped cover either on the cylinder head or the

top
of the block. Held on by 2 bolts. If it is the gasket type, try to save

the
gasket or make a new one. When you have the cover off, remove the stat

and
idle the engine for a few seconds to check the water pump and purge the
system

---