Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Ping: Wayne

On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 05:29:58 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Do you have any guess what the cruise speed would be on the Cummins
powered twin? The listing shows no performance specs.
I will call them obviously, but I'd like to have a rough idea before
going to check it out.

That's a lot of power for a 36. If you run the engines hard it might
get up on plane and do something in the mid-teens, albeit with a lot
of commotion, and a fuel burn in the 15 to 20 gph range. The boat,
fuel burn and engines will be a lot happier running at displacement
speeds well under 10 kts.

There are two big advantages to twins as you probably know:
Maneuverability at slow speed; and "get home" redundancy. The
redundancy is nice but for coastal cruising somewhat over rated.
Offshore in the boondocks? Priceless.