Eisboch[_8_] Eisboch[_8_] is offline

Default Wayne

"Hank©" wrote in message
eb.com...

On 6/25/2013 6:21 AM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 6/25/13 5:29 AM, Eisboch wrote:

Do you have any guess what the cruise speed would be on the Cummins
powered twin?

17 knots

Sure Harry, If you want to destroy the engines in a hurry.
Hull speed of between 8-9 kts. would be an appropriate cruise speed.

Here's what an actual owners say
http://gbbeacon.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=33257

Ah, that's kinda what I thought. It's funny because the single, 120
hp Ford Leyman version we had cruised at 6-7 knots comfortably all
day while sipping fuel. So, with twin 210 hp Cummins that improves
by a couple of knots and that's about it. That's ok with me .... a
trawler isn't supposed to be fast ... and I really like the idea of
going back to twins again.