Peter Bennett

Default GPS & GPS Software

On 24 Apr 2004 07:40:46 -0700, (roger beniot)
wrote:

I'm considering buying a garmin gpsmap 76CS
(
http://www.garmin.com/products/gpsmap76cs) for a variety of
activities. I thought I remembered a sales person describing how he
know someone that was going boating and generating a
set of waypoints or tracks. When they got home they were able to
download that info from the GPS unit onto their home computer and
import the info into some GPS software that would create a map of the
route they took. I searched the newsgroups for a message describing
this but was unable to find anything.

Have a look around my GPS site (listed below) and
http://www.gpsinformation.net for several third-party programs that
will transfer data between a PC and various makes of GPS receiver.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca