Paul Schilter

Default Type 2 vs. Type 3 Wire

Ratcheting crimpiers are great, but expensive, I use them at work.There is
one advantage to them, you have to apply enough pressure on the handles to
release the ratchet. This insures that you have a proper crimp on the
connector. This is important if you're going to be doing a lot of
connectors,because as your strength might diminish and not realize you
aren't applying enough pressure. At home I use an inexpensive crimpier from
Radio Shack.
Paul

"Sir Spamalot" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 19:59:52 -0600, "Keith"
wrote:

Yea, what he said. A good source for wire is Jamestown Distributors, BTW.
http://www.jamestowndistributors.com

I'd also suggest a good ratcheting double crimper and nylon insulated
terminals. Good source for both is http://www.terminaltown.com/

Thanks a lot.

Any more comments?