Jim

Default When You Hear The Heavy Accent & The Poor Phone Connection...HANG UP!! ____ UGYAiMGRr

Had a call at 8:00 this AM from a collection agency. I had opened a
charge account with 90 days free interest. Couldn't understand the
caller (and wasn't in a good mood, since she woke me up), asked to speak
to a supervisor, who also spoke broken english. I asked where he was
calling from and you guessed it -- India. Told him to never call me
again, and was so steamed I came down and paid the bill in full (I had
intended to pay it the first of the month), closed the account and
enclosed a note to GE credit that until they assured me that they had
local (US) call centers, would not avail myself of their services again.

The bill was not overdue, but a close reading of the fine print told me
that I was to make a monthly payment (in spite of the fact that I had 90
days to pay, and was well within the 90 day limit)

Copies to GE corperate, and S&K menswear (where I had opened the account)

Brian D wrote:
Hear hear! My job used to be rock solid and now I, and everyone else I know
on the job are always in fear of the next 'offshore outsourcing' that will
cause the local organization to be unneeded anymore. It's real, I know.
It's been happening more and more in the blue-chip company that I work for
and there's no slowing down...

Brian

http://www.advantagecomposites.com/tongass

wrote in message

When You Hear The Heavy Accent & The Poor Phone Connection... HANG UP!!
-
I think you must know what I'm talking about. Together, a heavy foreign

accent,

coupled with a lousy phone connection can only mean one thing... An

outsourced

operation, in a place like India, China, The Philippines, etc.; where some
greedy American corporation is saving a few pieces of Silver and

displacing

American workers in the process.
-
The best thing you can do is hang up... look for the companies' on-shore

counterpart

and complain! Tell them you're sick and tired of sub-standard services by

people

who speak English so poorly that you can hardly communicate... are most

often

poorly trained... have little accountability for the advice they give

you... often can't be

heard clearly because of a poor satellite phone connection... conveniently

block

their caller-ID... give themselves phony names like 'Tina' or 'Jimmy' (to

deceive you

into thinking they're local) and most often provide no avenue to escalate

an issue

to someone who can really help.
-
Corporations will only end this practice if they see they're losing their

customer

base as a consequence. Let's start doing our part by starting a

grass-roots

movement...
-