Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default Capt. Skippy's Yard Bill

On Friday, December 28, 2012 10:36:57 AM UTC-5, Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· wrote:
"Flying Pig" wrote

in message ...

PS this is the right time for us, as well, from the above cite:

When the Earth is closest to the sun (perihelion), which occurs

about January 2 of each calendar year, the tidal ranges are

enhanced.

Not necessarily, Skippy. Only if the close approach to the sun

coincides with a full or new moon.

It looks like the LAST week in January 2013 would be better than

the first week as the Earth will not travel far prom perihelion in that

short time. Also, there on the East Coast of Florida sustained and

strong onshore winds play an important role. It appears that there

won't be much of that around the first few days of January 2013.

http://www.moonconnection.com/moon-january-2013.phtml

You sure don't want to run aground and scrape the paint from the

bottom of your keel first thing after being splashed. Hell, if I had

your abundance of money I'd use one of these to splash into

deep water.

http://www.bush-planes.com/images/SikorskySkyCrane.jpg

Even with all the additional stuff you've added to the "Flying Pig"

she's probably not much heavier than the battle tank. And,

consider this: Photos of the "Flying Pig" actually flying would

be priceless.

--

Sir Gregory

--

Sir Gregory

:{)) We never know. We might be around for the last one. However, as the difference in neap vs spring here is inches, we'll probably not worry about it all that much.

However, whenever I'm allowed access to the computer again, I'll show some of the Sandy pix against the current lunar high. There's a couple foot difference; it would have been a piece of cake to get out at any time, then, as we had lots of onshore surge...

L8R

Skip