Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default Capt. Skippy's Yard Bill

On Friday, December 28, 2012 7:07:47 AM UTC-5, Flying Pig wrote:
On Thursday, December 27, 2012 8:32:10 PM UTC-5, Vic Smith wrote:

On Thu, 27 Dec 2012 17:16:24 -0800 (PST), Flying Pig

wrote:

Currently working on finding the right sized nipple for the end of our VHF cable in order to install the new helm antenna, and other small jobs before we splash on a lunar high tide.

What's a "lunar high tide?" Did you mean to say "spring tide?"

For the nautically inclined, yes. However, the most folks who are interested in our departure are not, so we simplify rather than have to explain.

However, it's a commonly accepted notation:

http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/educati...ariations.html

Some of my pix include the time of Sandy, which didn't have the same surge here as up north, but was still over the banks from time to time, and the docks awash. THAT would have been the time to go, as the channel would have been ok anywhere, probably, for us, rather than just the tiny strip near the south side...

L8R, y'all...

PS this is the right time for us, as well, from the above cite:

When the Earth is closest to the sun (perihelion), which occurs about January 2 of each calendar year, the tidal ranges are enhanced.