Bob Bob is offline

Default Capt. Skippy's Yard Bill

On Dec 24, 2:25*pm, " Sir Gregory Hall, Esq·" åke
wrote:
OMG! I did a little quick math and I sure wouldn't want to be
Capt. Skippy.

25 dollars per lay day at two years worth of lay days equals"

25 X 2 X 365 = 18,250 dollars.

Oh my!

Add for all the other things like goods and services provided
by the yard, one can probably include another 15-20 grand.

So, Capt. Skippy's most likely going to have to come up
with close to 40 large before they will splash him.

The dude must be quite rich! Who else would spend 40
large fixing up a sailboat that is probably worth about
20 large nowadays on the open market?

Hell, he could have done something sensible like buying
a good Coronado 27 for about 6-8 grand and spent about
three or four grand fixing her up and had a better sea-going
vessel than he has now for about 12 large. Heck, he could
have bought TWO. One for him and one for his lovely wife
and still come out of it for about half of what he's squandered.

They could then sail together in separate boats although
Capt. Skippy would certainly struggle to not be put hull-
down by Lydia and that might be very stressful on his
plaques clogged blood vessels.

I keep hoping I might overtake him one of these days
on the bounding main while he's wallowing like a garbage
scow, covered head to toe with grease and diesel oil from
his never-ending maintenance of all his "systems," but it
looks more and more like he's stuck ashore come hell or
high water.

But that doesn't keep me from wishing him a Happy
New Year and a Merry Christmas.

--
Sir Gregory

Damn.... Skips been in the yard all this time ?!?!?!?!?
I thought all he was going to do was slap some epoxy on the bottom??

Jesus H Christ !

Hey, Skip did you bulid an addition or something or add landscaping
and a hot tub??

Boob