Flying Pig[_2_] Flying Pig[_2_] is offline

Default Two steps forward, and one step - a huge one - back...

I made great progress in the alignment saga today. Lots more contortions, but the exertion part was alleviated by the borrowing of a couple of very serious wrenches, allowing me better leverage. Once I had stuff moving, I could use my smaller wrenches to good effect, having the ability to move them further because they were lots shorter.

I got all of the sliding stuff loose today, something I'd
been pretty concerned about. However, as most things I do will defer to brute force, and I'm a brute, sometimes, I got things started.

At the moment we're nearly finished with the gross alignment of the shaft in the exit tube. Once we have that set, we'll go about making the face of the coupler match up perfectly with the flange on the transmission.

As everything is entirely loose at the moment, I have little doubt that the hard part is yet come, as every loose part has to be retightened, and every time I do that, the alignment will change, slightly. However, I'll keep at it (I'm known for patience), and as long as I've got it all loose, won't settle for better than the .004 it was before (albeit, WAAAY off straight astern).

WooHoo!

L8R, y'all

Skip