Peter Bennett

Default Ext spkr for VHF Radio

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 10:05:09 -0800, Peter Bennett
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 23:30:12 -0800, "Bill Andersen"
wrote:

The switch I bought is called DPDT. It has six posts: 2 left, 2 center, 2
right.
I intended to use the two on the left side for the left and right stereo
channels and the two on the right side for the VHF (jumpered to both posts).
The center posts are for the grounds of both speakers.

Not quite right...

Connect the "hot" wires from the stereo to the two left terminal, the
"hot" wires to the two speakers to the center terminals, and the "hot"
wire from the VHF to the two right terminals. The ground wires from
speakers, stereo, and VHF should all be connected together, and
connected to the switch.

Oops - the ground wires should NOT be connected to the switch!

This assumes that one side of each stereo speaker is really grounded -
if this is no so, you need a four pole switch, and will need to switch
both sides of both speakers.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI