Peter Bennett

Default Deep cycle batteries - miscellaneous advice?

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 19:39:04 +0100, "Ric" wrote:

I have just bought a couple of Delphi Freedom marine deep cycle batteries
for my service bank. Is there a recommended minimum voltage below which one
should not discharge? Also, if the nominal capacity is (say) 100Ah, is that
measured between standard voltages or is it measured from a nominal full
charge (with full charge voltage dependent on the charging system) until
totally discharged - ie 0v? Or is there a standard "never go below" voltage
which manufacturers use?

10.5 volts is considered "fully discharged".

For best results, it is generally recommended that you should only
discharge a battery to 50%, so you should only take 50 AH from a 100
AH battery.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI