KNebulon

Default Bow thruster charging circuit

I wired up a new Lewmar 12v bow thruster and put a battery right next to it to
minimize cable size. The boat has 4 pairs of 6v batteries all charged with an
older Freedom 20 inverter/batt. charger with no separate float charge output.
How can I charge the thruster batt. without it drawing from the ships banks.
I'm thinking a batt. isolator won't work because the current flow is in the
same direction. Any solutions? The boat is a 45 ft. 20yr. old Ferreti
sailboat with twin Mercedes diesels, a wiring challenge to say the least.

Thanks Ken