Harry Krause

Default Portable VHF Radio Gift for Buddy

Boots Crofoot wrote:
I would stay with the ICOM brand
"Harry Krause" wrote in message
A close friend is buying a skiff for inshore fishing and I
can't talk
him into installing a "permanent" VHF radio with antenna. So
for XMAS, I
plan on buying him a portable VHF as a gift.

But there are so many of them out there. I have a ICOM
portableI use
(rarely) as a backup on my boats, but it is a few years old
and probably
no longer in production.

Any suggestions? Since it is for a small boat, ruggedized
and
water-resistance are important characteristics.

What should I buy for a good-quality VHF portable for a
gift?

Thanks. I am planning to do that, though I do like hte standard-horizon
unit with the FRS.

--
Email sent to is never read.