Steve

Default Furuno GP32 ??

"Ger" wrote in message
Furuno is *not* standard NMEA. It has its own protocol for uploading
waypoints to it, kind of similar to NMEA, but not compatible. Software

that
has not implemented the Furuno protocol will not work, no matter if it
supports NMEA or not.

Hmmm! That doesn't sound very encouraging..

I think the problem in the protocol is the comments fields that are created
when the waypoints/routes are created. The Cap'n seems to have some way to
deal with this from what I have seen.. Won't know until I give it a try.. I
do know that The Cap'n does work with the comments, etc. Just not sure if
the formats will be compatible.

I purchased my GP32 on line and I expect it in a couple days..

Thanks for the heads up

Steve

I was just reading the GP32/37 manual last night and I did notice the
warning that it would erase all the waypoints an routes in the GPS.. Then I
got to figuring, I'm going to download the waypoints to the Nav Program
anyway and when I upload, I will be uploading all of the old waypoints plus
those I have modified/created..