Ger

Default Furuno GP32 ??

Furuno is *not* standard NMEA. It has its own protocol for uploading
waypoints to it, kind of similar to NMEA, but not compatible. Software that
has not implemented the Furuno protocol will not work, no matter if it
supports NMEA or not.
Besides: the Furuno's always clear their waypoint memory when uploading new
waypoints and routes, so you will lose your old waypoints unless you upload
them again together with the new ones.
The 31 and 32 are very good and reliable machines, but make sure that when
you purchase software that it supports the Furuno protocol!
--
Rgds,
/Ger Rietman

"Michael Holz" schreef in bericht
Hi!
.... excellent unit. My only caution would be on

uploading/downloading
waypoints. If that function is important to you, make sure you have
software available before you purchase. It's been my experience that
much of the commonly available software for upload/download does not
support the Furuno GPS units.

Iīm not really sure, but.....normally - good - GPS units accepts simple

nmea
data.
So....every software which sends nmea should work.
And any - professional software which do not send nmea is - bull**** - !!

I use Maxsea and Maptechīs Offshore nanigator. Both works fine with my old
Furuno 31!!

cu Michael

sorry if my english isnīt so good ;-(