Frogwatch[_2_] Frogwatch[_2_] is offline

Default Some ppl got no sense

On Tuesday, June 26, 2012 2:33:45 PM UTC-4, Frogwatch wrote:
I saw a video on Weather.com of a helicopter rescue from my fav place, Dog Island. I don't have sound on my computer so I couldn't get much more info cept to decide I don't know the people involved.
Dog island is NOT the place to be in a storm. Every time I go there I marvel at the evidence of storm surges sweeping over the island at heights of about 5' at least. This happens a lot. What kind of maroon spends a tropical storm in such a place?

I found out a bit more from the local paper so you decide.

They took a commercial boat over. On Dog Island, this means it runs only if you call them and it is available. There is no other way other than a private boat to get to and from there. By the time they knew the storm was a danger, the commercial boat was not running.
Not sure how much at fault they are as I thought the storm was far away on Sat. The rescue happed Sunday so, I dunno.