Ben

Default Autohelm 800 pinout/diagram

Hello -
I've got an Autohelm 800 (the one with the pushbottons, not the
compass). I understand that it does not accept NMEA-0183 input except
when the Radio Navigation Interface is used. The Radio Navigation
Interface is a discontinued product. Therefore, I intend to make my
own.
So long story short, I'm looking for information on the 4-pin
connector at the underside of the unit. I understand that the
windvane device or the remote control unit can be plugged into this
connector to control the device. I figure if I can produce the
correct signals for those inputs, I can create a device that
interprets NMEA signals from my GPS and produces the appropriate
commands for the autopilot.
Does anyone have any knowledge whatsoever about those pins, or a
circuitry diagram / schematic for the autopilot.
Thanks for your time!
-Ben