Bruce in Alaska

Default Source for Copper Bus Bar

In article ,
(Larry W4CSC) wrote:

On 10 Nov 2003 23:31:11 GMT,
(BOEING377) wrote:

No... we didn't refine our own diesel fuel from asphalt chunks but we did
throw
waste oil back in the fuel tanks and burned it. Always wondered if that was
good idea, but the skipper said BTUs are BTUs and these ones are free.

217 horrified yachtsmen, who pay $42/gallon for the finest lube oil
sold at the most exclusive places, just threw up a gourmet meal that
would feed a trawler crew for 3 days for the same money.....(c;

Thanks for recycling.......

Shhh....Don't tell the Greenies. I've been burning a thin mixture of
lube oil in my Mercedes diesel cars and diesel trucks for 30 years.
Your skipper is right on the nose.

Remember when they used to sell "top oil"? Same idea without the
expense. If you get enough lube oil in the tank, I find it eliminates
tailgating!

I know someone who collects waste lube oil from car shops. He burns
it in winter in a home-made, dual-oil-drum furnace in his big wood
shop. The bottom oil drum has a boiling pan oil simply drizzles into
made of boiler plate surrounded by air intake holes. The top oil drum
is a heat exchanger to capture more heat from the flue before it
escapes outside. I've been in that shop, in upstate NY, when it was
-20F outside and 85F inside because he opened the gate valve too much,
causing the drums to glow red. There's a LOT of BTU in lube oil.

Larry W4CSC

"Very funny, Scotty! Now, BEAM ME MY CLOTHES! KIRK OUT!"

We use all our "USED OIL" in a Oil fired burner that heats
the buildings, after it is cut 1:5 with No.1 diesel. BTU's
are BTU's! If you are going to burn it in a engine, you
better filter it REALLY WELL before you pump it into the tank....

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @