Doug Dotson

Default 12vdc to 19vdc Inveter

Yea, 3.3 actually, but the disk runs off of 12v and the LCD display as
well.

Doug

"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message
After careful consideration, and the sticker shock of a 12V power
supply for the Dell Latitude notebook, we decided to buy a Tripplite
500W inverter to plug the damned AC brick into. The inverter can be
used to power other things for LESS money than greedy Dell wanted for
the 12V cord.

How silly......The CPU runs on THREE VOLTS!

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 21:32:23 +0200, "Colin Lowe"
wrote:

Hi all,
I want to make a convertor to step up the voltage from 12vdc to 19vdc to
power my laptop. The mains adaptor I have for the laptop is rated 19vdc

and
3.16A. Thefore I want to step-up the voltage from the 12vdc boat supply

19vdc with a capacity of 3.16A max current.
Do you have a circuit or what other options do I have?

Thanks
Colin

Larry W4CSC

3600 planes with transponders are burning 8-10 million
gallons of kerosene per hour over the USA. R-12 car air
conditioners are responsible for the ozone hole, right?