Doug Dotson

Default West Moron

If it is a specific boat related part then there isn't much point in
bothering with non-boat related stores in the first place I suppose.

Doug

"Dan Krueger" wrote in message
nk.net...
If it is a specific boat-related part, you will have to go see if "store

B" has
it. You will know the boating store has it. Some things aren't worth the

time...

Dan

Doug Dotson wrote:

I guess that is true if the WM is closer than the alternatives.

"Dan Krueger" wrote in message
nk.net...

And you "saved" $25.80. If you drove to WM and shopped them first, you

spent at

least that much in gas and your time. I'm not pushing WM or any other

boating

store. They have their place for many products but Orchard (Lowes) is a

huge

company that doesn't specialize in marine products. Places like that

are

my

first choice for hardware, etc. that I can save a few bucks on too if I

know

they will have it. If I'm at WM, and I need something I buy it for the
convenience if nothing else.

Dan

Dick Locke wrote:

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 00:16:59 GMT, Dan Krueger
wrote:

WM is a business. If you think a 43% gross margin is high, you don't

want to

know what kind of money other business are making when you buy

clothing,
jewelry, furniture, etc. Even wonder how a store can offer 50% off?

You can

bet they are still making money (most of the time).

They are also a service business. Is the Trojan distributor open on

weekends

and at night? What kind of overhead do they have? How far did you

drive to get

there? Part of that $47.00 in "profit" went to trucking the batteries

from the

distributor to the warehouse and then on to your local WM store.

1/4-20 * 3 SS eyebolt at Berkeley WM today: $5.99; quantity I bought:
0

1/4-20* 3 SS eyebolt at Orchard Supply Hardware, 1 block away: $1.69,
including a nut. Quantity I bought: 6

If