Calif Bill

Default Engine Hesitation During Hole Shot

Check that the throttle pump is working well, and if it is check the timing.
Bill

"Michael McKnight" wrote in message
om...
Greetings!

I have a 1990 SeaRay 160 with an Alpha 3.0L 130HP I/O. The engine
seems to rev fine when not in gear but under load I get hesitation. I
push the throttle all the way down and I don't get any sputtering but
the engine will kind of lull for a few moments and then start to rev
up.

I have done what little checking I know how to do. I have taken out
the plugs and inspected them and they all seem fine except for number
2 which has, what I would consider, excessive carbon build-up. I have
not check compression or anything else really as I do not have the
proper tools.

I know this is probably a little vague but I hope someone can help me
out here. I am certainly not opposed to do anything I can myself
before taking it into the shop which is about a 2 month wait!

Is the carbon build-up something to be overly concerned about? The
boat is not used all that often, maybe once a week for a couple of
hours.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Mike