Larry W4CSC

Default C-MAP or Raymarine woes

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 15:18:05 +0100, "Graham Stephen"
wrote:

I am still unsure whether the problem is a C-Map or Raymarine issue - I
suspect the former. I would not risk my life on the electronic charts!!!

Graham

Ah, now I see. On our side of the pond, we also pay twice for the
charts. The government steals our money from us to develop the
charts, then turns it over to a commercial company so they can sell
our own charts back to us for fun and profit. (One side of me is
Scot, the other Irish....through Ellis Island, the NY ghettos to
upstate where both families were farmers and railroad workers, late
1800's-1900's.)

Even by the time the printed charts are produced electronically they
are quite old, going through all these bureaucracies before you get
them. It would help, immensely, if someone really took the time to
make SURE our reports to the various coast guards actually produced a
change on them when a boater takes the time to give them as accurate
information as he can.

Larry W4CSC

3600 planes with transponders are burning 8-10 million
gallons of kerosene per hour over the USA. R-12 car air
conditioners are responsible for the ozone hole, right?