Larry W4CSC

Default Today's Sailnet Visit.....

The predictions have changed, this morning....They THINK it's going to
turn away from us like Floyd did. Let's all hope it misses NC, too.
They've had their share quite enough.

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 06:21:54 -0400, Glenn Ashmore
wrote:

Larry W4CSC wrote:
No bets, Joe. People died in Hugo trying to save their boats, same as
in other places. The guy who just installed the marine sanitation in
Lionheart saved 3 yachts up a creek by buying $2000 in big anchors for
them.

Having sweated out Hugo at a distance worrying about a couple of my
customers' computer systems and seeing the aftermath a week later I can
only hope that this one changes it's mind and steers NE. OTOH, there is
a bright side.

Nothing stimulates anchor sales like a hurricane threat. I had a guy
drive over from Bufort yesterday to pick up an S140. I was up until 2AM
making up rope/chain splices for a couple more driving up from Brunswick
and one from Jacksonville today.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Larry W4CSC

3600 planes with transponders are burning 8-10 million
gallons of kerosene per hour over the USA. R-12 car air
conditioners are responsible for the ozone hole, right?