Mole

Default handlheld GPS units suggestions

Just remember...the time you'll need it the most is when things get rough.
And trying to read that little screen on a hand held is going to be terrible
when the water is throwing you around. In those situations a 5" screen at
minimum is a blessing.

"JerryK" wrote in message
Hi,

After revewing the IPAQ based solutions I am wondering if a dedicated
handheld based solution might not be a better option.

The ones I have seen the most ads for are the Garmin GPSMap 76 and the
Magellan Meridian Marine. Does anyone have some expereince with these or
similar units? Both are in the $250 range, which is about what I would

like
to spend. However, it looks like I have to buy some additional map

software
if I want good resolution. Is that true?

Thanks,

Jerry