Steve

Default VHF Hi/Lo Tx??

"Jere Lull" wrote in message
snip

over land traffic, so while it's nice to give them that hour warning,
I'd park far less than 800 yards from them as I waited... 20 feet
wouldn't be unreasonable in some cases.

snip

I wouldn't feel comfortable going any closer when the flood is running at
about a knot and I don't know how long before the draw span will be
opened.. It generally takes 20 to 30 min to round up the operating crew ( I
think it takes 3 people) and to open one 300 ft span.

When I finally spoke with the operator and offered to wait until the next
"scheduled" opening (for navy traffic), he declined and stated that I had
the right-of-way (upon request).

I had planned my arrival at near mid day to minimize delays of rush hour
traffic.

BTW.. The contact Phone Number for scheduling Hood Canal Bridge openings was
change several years ago from the old Tacoma number ((206)593-2285) to
(360)779-3233.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions