Jim Hollenback

Default Marine VHF radio range? Type? Buy where?

Michael Daly ) wrote:
: On 4-Aug-2003, "Ken" wrote:

: You don't need an station licenses anymore so
: picking up a pair of units in the States or Canada wouldn't be a problem.

: You don't need a station license for the boat, but I thought you still did for a land
: station. The latter should be hard to get if it's just a cottage contacting a single craft.

Ah, but if your boat is from the US with a VHF and go to Canada you *do* need a
station license for the boat. The no station license applies only if you
remain in the US and only use the radio in coastal US waters. As for the land
station what ever Canada requires.I suspect that there is some sort of
licensing required.

--
Jim Hollenback

my opinion.