Larry

Default Transmitting different versions of NMEA data

You don't need it. V2.0 devices will read V1.5 data statements. Just
connect the data out of your Garmin 128 to the data in on the radio.
It only needs to be a listener for it to work.

Try it....

On 8 Aug 2003 09:45:58 -0700, (LADYHAWKE) wrote:

Been searching and searching for this technology, and am not sure if
it even exists. I have a garmin 128 broadcasting NMEA data to Furnuno
1621 radar, KVH Sailcomp and Autohelm ST4000 in NMEA V1.5. I recently
purchased an ICOM 402S DSC VHF which requires an NMEA input at version
2.0. Is there a "black box" that would allow me to connect to my gps
and broadcast at two NMEA versions (both v1.5 and v2.0)? I'd like to
avoid using a laptop to provide this functionality. Thanks in advance
for any information.

Sean Conner/Ladyhawke - US50931

Larry

Extremely intelligent life must exist in the universe.
You can tell because they never tried to contact us.