Steve

Default The Cap'n 6.1 interface?

"News at MidMaine" wrote in message
Hello Steve;

1. You must have a Serial-USB converter in order to get GPS data into a

USB
port.

2. If you have such a converter, then the "virtual serial port" presented

by
the USB converter's driver software will send along any autopilot

sentences
output from the Capn to the serial connector.

Thus, you need to connect pin 3 of the serial connector to your

autopilot's
input A line, and pin 5 to your autopilot's input B line (or autopilot +
and - , or whatever your autopilot labels these lines)

Dennis
www.thecapn.com

Thanks for the reply Dennis. Helpful but not sure that it fully addresses my
situation..

My GPS (module) is connected and powered off one of my USB ports. I don't
want to use a Serial to USB converter because I won't have the power
available without tapping it off another device port ('Hokie').

My Autohelm Z075 inteface is designed to operate off a standard serial port
Data Out line and signal ground.

I realize that the USB ports are just another configuration of the vertual
serial interface but they are difficult to wire into with DIY stuff.

So my question still remains, will The Cap'n take the GPS input from one USB
port and output course corrections through a standard Serial port??

The answer my only be found by trial and error.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions