Steve

Default The Cap'n 6.1 interface?

I have had my Cap'n 6.1 running on GPS input to the serial connector and the
USB of my Toshibia Tecra 8000. No problem there. (But I prefer the USB since
I'm now using a GPS module that requires power from the laptop USB.)

Now it's time to try an hook up the autopilot. All the info I have is for
the data lines of the Serial connector 9 pin connector. (I have a opto
isolator connector for this 9 pin and want to use it..)

Here is my question. Will the software become confused if I get GPS input
from the USB and output course correction on a different port.???

There doesn't seem to be anyway to tell The Cap'n which port will be used
for either I/O and the software just searches the serial/USB port for the
input data from the GPS. Not sure how if will determine where to output the
autopilot data. I don't find an opportunity to tell it where the A/P will
be connected.

BTW. The GPS communication is one way (input) while the autopilot will be
strictly output since the autopilot privideds not feed back info and The
Cap'n doesn't seem to need any.

Opinions and experience please??

Steve
s/v Good Intentions