Vito

Default Advice please: starting problems

Plexiform wrote:

Thanks for the advice. I have changed the battery in my motorcycle before ...

Funny - the battery I had that that shorted was in a motorcycle.
Changing them is the same basic drill but everything is bigger. Note
which wires go on the positive (+) and negative (-) terminals (there may
well be more than one) and put them on the new battery the same way.
Also be sure to strap the new battery down.

BTW, my sailboat has two batteries and there is a large switch that
selects #1, #2, BOTH or OFF. If it's "OFF" or on the other battery a
jump start won't work. Also, if you have one like it NEVER run the motor
in "OFF" - it could mess up the generator.

good luck
Howard