Evan Gatehouse

Default Yanmar 3GM30f manual start ..Help !

"Robert williams" wrote in message
Hi ,

I am looking for any ideas on adding hand starting to my new Yanmar

3gm30f
. The motor comes with fresh water cooling and the belt for the engine
coolant pump runs right in front of the hand starting shaft ....the

factory
has even put a cover over the shaft......have tried Yanmar dealer ....no
help ....

Bob

It's a pipe dream - I once saw somebody hand start an old Yanmar 1 cylinder
YSM (the ones with the bigger flywheel) and that was an impressive
performance. I've never heard of anybody hand starting a 3 cylinder.

Oh there was a French sailor in the Vendee Globe race - I think he used a
pulley on the mainsail, sheeted the sail in really tight on a reach, and let
it out FAST. The resulting pull on the rope started the engine but most of
us don't have 1600 sq. ft mainsails....

--
Evan Gatehouse

you'll have to rewrite my email address to get to me
ceilydh AT 3web dot net
(fools the spammers)