Keith

Default Ferro Cement - Ingrid 38' Gaff Rigged Ketch - Thoughts

Just call your insurance company and get an insurance quote on a ferrocement
boat. Then call some more. Let us know what you find out.

--

Keith
__
"Mike & Tricia Kennedy" wrote in message
om...
I know this has been debated many times on this board and that
generally the beliefs are that Ferro Cement is a much inferior method
for building boats and that many of these were built by amateurs and
that one should try to stay away from a Ferro Cement boat at all
costs.

I have come across a Ferro Cement Atkins Ingrid 38' Gaff Rigged Ketch.
It appears to be laid up quite nicely. I am going to have her
surveyed, but am wondering if anyone would know if Blue Water Boats
ever professionally built any Ferro Cement Ingrid's? I have see a few
of them on the internet.

Also, any comments on the Ingrid's in general would be much
appreciated. Thanks.

Mike