Rodney Myrvaagnes

Default Color-coded lines, paint?

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 18:07:38 -0500, Jim Cate wrote:

I have a small cruiser with a number of lines led to the cockpit, and I
am thinking of marking them (color coding) to help in identifying the
lines when under sail. Has anyone marked or color-coded their lines, and
if so, what kind of paint or dye would be recommended. I'm considering
using cans of paint spray to mark portions of the lines. - Obviously, I
don't want to damage the lines, and I would like to use something that
would stand up to heat, moisture, etc., over time.

Jim Cate

If they all lead through stoppers or rope clutches, it might be easier
to label the clutches with dymos or the like. Otherwise, you could sew
some colored thread into the lines for an inch or so wherever it would
be visible when you needed to know.

When time comes to replace a line, you can get them in all sorts of
color.

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

"Accordions don't play 'Lady of Spain.' People play 'Lady of Spain."