Gordon Wedman

Default Fishing line works well for me...

If they are on the top of your mast you need to install a number of
stainless steel wire spikes. That keeps them from resting comfortably. If
they like to sit on your boom I think the best way to stop this is to string
a piece of nylon fishing line from the mast to a short vertical support at
the end of the boom. Set the line a few inches above your sail cover. They
can't sit on the line and can't get comfortable on the boom. Might need two
lines spaced apart a bit.

"wildman" wrote in message
om...
2-foot pieces hanging from the bimini keeps birds out of the cockpit.
Now if I could just keep them off the mizzen mast Paul