John H[_2_] John H[_2_] is offline

Default Police thugs injure Iraq vet

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 11:03:37 -0700, jps wrote:

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 00:21:41 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 21:06:12 -0700, jps wrote:

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 20:38:20 -0400,
wrote:

Not since 1965 but I did figure out how to make a living. My point is
the whole idea that a CCC camp doing manual labor would attract anyone
in this century is ludicrous ... unless you are talking about illegal
aliens. We can't even get people in this country to pick fruits and
vegetables. That is not quarrying out stone and breaking them up with
a hammer like the CCC people were doing.

Further proves that you're out of touch with young people of today.
You seem to think they're jaded and spoiled but I find the opposite.

They're more concerned with the environment, fellow citizens and the
state of the country than my peers were in the 60s and 70s and we were
significantly more enlightened than those that came before us.

I was an inspector for 8 years and my wife built houses, I do know who
shows up for manual labor jobs. That is what the WPA and the CCC was.
It is all I was talking about.

I don't think student loans are at the center of this protest. There's
a depth of despair in those that cannot find a job and cannot support
their families. These protestors are just the canary in the
mineshaft.

WPA would be an excellent thing but we don't need pictures, we need
roads and bridges fixed and schools repaired.

I've yet to see any signs saying, "Rebuild our Roads and Bridges" or "Fix our Schools".

Most of the signs indicate the holder wants something for nothing.