Karin Conover-Lewis

Default Interlux Bottom Paint Question

Interesting tip, Rich. Explains why the bottom paint is just plain gone at
my lower gudgeon, which has a tear-drop zinc attached to it. Diver must have
been scrubbing that area vigorously. I'm planning to give that area several
coats when I repaint the bottom next year (on the hard this year).

--
Karin Conover-Lewis
Fair and Balanced since 1959

"Rich Hampel" wrote in message
If the area that the soft shelled barnacles are attaching is anywhere
near a ZINC, this is common. They will eventually or should disengage
and fall off from the paint before they fully harden their shell.
Whats happening is that the zinc is 'locally' neutralizing the
electronic charge from the copper oxide, it also means that the zinc is
'working'. If the barnacles are forming far distant from a zinc
location, then you may have a paint 'problem'.