Glenn Ashmore

Default New USCG policy on Advance Notice of Arrival

That notice was not accurate. The claim is that it was poorly worded
but it looks pretty specifically worded to me. In reality Homeland
Security probably backed down after the entire south Florida boating
community (some of whom vote) raised holly hell. US flagged
recreational vessels ARE exempt. See:
http://www.fort-lauderdale-marine-di...cgadvisory.php

S/V Tranquility wrote:
I'm not getting too excited over this post....
snipWho Is Affected? Any recreational or commercial vessel entering a U.S.
port from a foreign destination.
Interesting statement...please provide by what authority?
Unless you can show me otherwise, 33CFR160.202(b) which was enacted 07/03
excludes recreational vessels. Your article doesn't quote much in the way
of legislative authority.

FWIW,
Brian

--